E-Learning Suite is a highly robust, scalable, secure yet cost-effective e-learning solution. It is fully conformant with leading international standards like SCORM 1.2, and QTI, thus giving you the flexibility of choosing content from any of the vendors. Moreover, it is built on flexible architecture and hence can be easily customized.
Early E-Learning systems, based on Computer-Based Learning/Training often attempted to replicate autocratic teaching styles whereby the role of the e-learning system was assumed to be for transferring knowledge, as opposed to systems developed later based on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL), which encouraged the shared development of knowledge.
E-Learning is defined as instruction delivered on a computer via the internet or CD-ROM (Clark & Mayer, 2007). It can be self-paced or instructor-led and includes media in the form of text, streaming video & audio, and builds user knowledge to improve organizational functioning. E-learning commonly refers to training delivered electronically in an organizational setting while Online Learning is used to differentiate courses delivered via the internet in educational settings.
Benefits of E-Learning
- Provide 24X7 flexi-time training to your users, who may be geographically dispersed
- Enables you to put in place consistent learning standards
- Have the LMS prescribe individualized training for your users based on their needs and get the most out of your investment
- Simplify administration and monitoring of training program
- Provide immediate access to new employees for training and have “zero lag time”
- Integration with other enterprise applications ensures there is no redundancy of data
- Measure the effectiveness of training initiatives and align it to organizational goals
- No training-related travel means employees have more “productive time” on their hands
- Ability to limit and control access to the courses ensures that security is never compromised
- Conformance to leading e-learning standards, such as SCORM and QTI allows you to plug content from any third-party vendor
The Online Academic System will be a single gateway to tools and knowledge services for the broad learning and teaching community of KSOU. The system would initiate and provide an anytime-anywhere learning platform to its students, faculty, prospects, and management. In addition, the system also aims to manage the online application process through a user-friendly interface.
The system aims to
- Provide an online platform for knowledge exchange and enhancements
- Anytime, anywhere accessibility of learning material
- Enhance normal interactions through announcements, email, and SMS messages
- Provide online real-time application of classrooms
- Manage and create resource repository
- Conduct online tests and assign e-certificates
- Track and record students performance
The Online Academic System will have following sections
- Online Learning Management System
- Online Content Authoring
- Virtual Classroom
- E-Commerce & Registration Module
- Data Center & Hosting
- User Helpdesk
- Knowledge Processing Unit